My good friend Bea of Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic nominated me for “The Book Fangirling Blog Award”. Thank you for this, Bea! Everyone, you should all check her blog out! Also, you may check out her nomination post here.
If nominated, here’s what you’re supposed to do:
- Create a post to accept your award.
- Add the blog award button into your post (just save the picture to your computer and upload it) and put it on the side of your blog as a widget.
- Answer the questions given to you by the one who nominated you and your blog.
- Link back to this post so your followers would know who gave you the award. Also, so that I could see your answers to my questions.
- Formulate your own questions for those who you have nominated.
- Nominate between 5-10 book bloggers who you think deserve this award and let them know you have nominated them.
Here are my answers to Bea’s questions:
Have you ever fangirled over a character who didn’t have much fans? Who is it?
One character I fell in love with that doesn’t seem to have much fans is Malyen Oretsev from The Grisha Trilogy. For those who don’t know Mal, she is Alina Starkov’s best friend, and at some point, became one of her love interests. He seems to be a typical character, but what I love about him is his honesty towards Alina. After the fame that Alina got, he was still the same Mal. He still loved Alina, and he still wasn’t afraid to tell her what he feels.
What is your weird bookish habit?
I don’t know if this is weird, but one weird bookish habit of mine is that I cover my hardcover books. I mean, I know they’re not meant to be covered, but I can’t help it. I love taking care of my books. And please note that the way I cover them, (or the way the staff of Fully Booked covers my purchased books) is pretty technical. I don’t stick any adhesive on the book itself. I don’t know if you get this, but check out this post if you got confused. Haha!
What is your all time favorite genre?
If it wasn’t obvious enough, I love the contemporary, romance, and fantasy genres!!! I’m that type of reader who wants to go on a roller coaster ride of an adventure while reading books. There are times when I read contemporaries. Then after 1 or 2 books from that genre, I would want to try something new, like a book with a fantasy genre. It’s a cycle, folks!
If you are going to fangirl over ONE book for the rest of your life, what book will it be and why?
I would definitely want to fangirl (forever) over Nicola Yoon’s fantastic debut novel, Everything, Everything! I enjoyed reading this book and am looking forward to the next time I reread it. It was fast-paced, filled with highly relatable characters. Everone should go and read it! Also, Maddy and Oliver are a match made in heaven! Oh, and if you haven’t already, you should go read my review of this book here.
What is your favorite Book Tag?
Remember the time I teamed up with Miel of Bookish and Awesome, Kevin of Tomebound, and Salve of Cuckoo for Books to create the Gossip Girl Book Tag? Yeah, that one’s my favorite because we created it! By the way, I’m still tagging everyone to the tag, okay?
And now, I’m nominating some of my book blogging friends for this award:
- Joey of Thoughts and Afterthoughts
- Yvonne of A World Between Folded Pages
- Aentee of Read at Midnight
- Rafael of Royal Polar Bear Reads
- Melissa of Melissa Reads Books
- Beatrice of Beatrice Learns to Read
- Miguel of The Quirky Reader
- Jesse of Books at Dawn
- Cath of To All The Books I’ve Read Before
- Elena of The Queen Reads
- Anette of Anette The Wicked
My questions to those I nominated:
What book did you fangirl over the hardest and why?
Who’s your most favorite book boyfriend/girlfriend? Why?
- Who’s your most-owned author?
- How many times have you re-read your most favorite book? Why do you keep on re-reading it?
- If you were to choose your ultimate OTP (one true pairing), who would it be and why?
And that concludes today’s post! Again, thank you, Bea, for nominating me to do this tag! Have fun, book nerds!
Now, tell me, what book did you fangirl over the hardest and why? Feel free to leave your answers on the comment section down below!