It’s been weeks since I last posted something decent here at Book Freak Revelations, and I’m not proud for having neglected this account for such a long time. I don’t know about you guys, but as for me, after failing to read a book, draft a post, or take a bookish photo for 2 weeks, I’m really starting to miss the bookish community. I’m taking this post as a chance to update everyone as to what I have on my plate right now.
Everything’s moving so fast for me lately and it seems like my studies have finally caught up with me. I’ve been so busy with school and I haven’t even finished reading The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken, which happens to be my current read since last week. I’m falling behind on my Goodreads Reading Challenge, I’m losing followers on Instagram, and I don’t blame my unfollowers. But for now, I just want to tell everyone what I’ve been up to for the past few weeks.
Here’s a few things that happened in my life for the past few days, bookish or not:
- My Hotel Internship Application at Raffles and Fairmont, Makati was finally approved. It’s a great deal for me to be accepted at that specific hotel because everyone knows it’s a reputable player in the hospitality industry. It’s a huge deal to get accepted in that company, and heck yeah, I’m excited! Although, I am also growing anxious seeing that it’s quite far from where I live. Here’s to hoping that my 3-month internship goes out without a hitch. Oh, and I started last Monday, February 1st! *gasps* I actually had fun working for Fairmont’s Purchasing Department, although, I have to admit it’s not bringing out my best potential. Not yet, at least. Haha!
- I got a favorable response from one of the awesome publishers I reached out to over the Christmas holiday season the other day. Remember when I told everyone on my New Year’s Bookish Resolutions posts how driven I am to expand my book blogging experience by reaching out to publishers? Yeah, the Gods of Olympus are working hand in hand to make this resolution come true. I got a reply from a publisher, and it’s looking good. I just hope that I’ll have enough time to spare for this specific goal. Oh, and I want to thank my good friend, Jasmine of Jasmine Pearl Reads for helping me out! She deserves all the love!
- Over the weekend, I’ve received word that Victoria Aveyard and Sarah J. Maas will be visiting the Philippines for book signing events through the ever-reliable National Book Store! Red Queen might not have made my top reads of 2015, but I still loved that book! On the other hand, the Throne of Glass series, and A Court of Thorns and Roses were such great 2015 reads! Meeting Victoria and Sarah would have to be one of my most anticipated events for this year. I can’t wait for March 6 and March 13! Both events will be held at National Book Store Glorietta and registration starts at 10:00am for both events. Shall I see you there?
- Mom and Dad bought me a new laptop to use for my internship at Raffles and I can’t thank them enough! I’m pretty sure this new baby of mine won’t just be used for my internship, if you know what I mean. Haha! Anyway, thanks to my ever supportive parents, I now have a new device to blog with. Yipee!
- And lastly, as of tonight, I only have 19 weeks before graduation! I can’t believe how time flew so fast for the past 4 years that I was in college. The University of Santo Tomas has been my home for the longest time, and I can’t believe I’ll be leaving in less than 4 months. I am extremely excited with what’s in store for me, but at the same time, I am also anxious of what’s yet to come. Yeah, you can say I am a little bit conflicted. And, here’s to hoping that I will graduate on time. *crosses fingers*
I’m not even sure if I’ll be able to keep up with this semester’s rapid pacing, but what I am sure of is that I won’t be posting as often as I did before. I’ll try to update and post once a week, but I’m not making any promises. But what I can tell everyone is that I miss the bookish community so much.
So for now, I’ll just be browsing on my feed, reading other’s blog posts, and possibly blog hopping later tonight.
Now, tell me. What were YOU up to for the past few weeks?
I can’t wait to talk to everyone again! Until next time!