Okay, I confess. Months have passed and I have failed to post any book haul posts here on Book Freak Revelations, nor on my bookstagram account. Other than the time constraint I have on me right now, I really don’t have that much of a book budget right now. Having an internship contract at the commercial center of the Metro isn’t really a cheap walk in the park, if I’m being honest, so it took me about 2 months to draft my next Stacking the Shelves post. And have I mentioned how much I missed hauling books? I MISSED IT SO BLOODYDAMN MUCH!
So, over the course of 3 months, as I have stated, I only hauled quite a few titles. Some books I bought with my own book budget, and some were given by a publisher *GASPS INTENSELY* Yes, you’ve read it right! Remember when I told everyone how ecstatic I am to have been approved to be an International Blogger for Penguin Random House? Yeah, I fangirled so much more when I received my first ever book mail from them!
And I received not one, but two packages both from Penguin Random House! How cool is that? I’m so happy I was able to attain one of my bookish goals for this year, and my eternal thanks goes to the person who helped me get in contact with the people from Penguin Random House! You are absolutely heaven sent! 🙂 Now, let’s get this post started!
- I got Morning Star by Pierce Brown for review from Penguin Random House.
(OH MY F*CKING GOD, YOU GUYS, IT’S MORNING STAR!!!)
- A Signed First Edition of Green Island by Shawna Yang Ryan was also sent by PRH and I’ve decided to give it away to one lucky reader! Click here for my Rafflecopter giveaway!
- I bought Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard at Php699.00 in preparation for her book signing event held last March 6 at National Book Store Glorietta 1, and no, I haven’t read it yet. (Don’t judge, lol) Check out my event recap of the fabulous event!
- I bought Stars Above by Marissa Meyer at Php839.00 because why the hell not, right? The Lunar Chronicles is indeed one of my most favorite series ever, and to have another book is indeed a gift from the stars above! (See what I did there?)
- And I bought Carry On by Rainbow Rowell at Php950.00 because it’s been ages since I last read something by one of my most favorite authors, and the endpapers of this book is stunning.
Also, as February came to a close, I have finally decided to start collecting the books from the Harry Potter series, as well as to read them during the summer. I got books 2 to 7 from a legit online seller from Facebook. I paid Php2,300.00 for these! What a steal, right?
And to top it all off, my best friend, Jasmine from Jasmine Pearl Reads, sent me these books! She gifted me with These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly, while she sent me the review copy of Unscripted Joss Byrd by Lygia Day Peñaflor since I’m part of the book tour which she’s also hosting! I’m actually reading it now, and I’m intrigued by it’s nature.
And that’s basically it! In total, I hauled 12 books! Once again, I would like to thank the people from Penguin Random House for sending me some books for review! I’m eternally grateful! Also, to my staff friends from Fully Booked and Powerbooks for helping me get a hold of some of these titles. 🙂
What’s YOUR most recent book purchase? Is it something you’ve been wanting to buy and read for quite some time now? Tell me all about it in the comments below!
Until the next one, bibliophiles!