This month has been fabulous! From landing a job, to co-hosting a bookish meet-up for Filipino book nerds, July will be embedded in my mind as one of the best months yet of 2016! It’s been fun, but of course, all good months must eventually come to an end. Here’s a rundown of everything that went down during July of 2016! 🙂
Books Read & Reviews Posted
- This July, I’ve read The Sun Is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon, A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas, and Nevernight by Jay Kristoff. My reviews of the aforementioned titles are already drafted and I’ll have them up on my tour stop dates. As for ACOMAF, I’ll have it posted next week!
- I read How To Hang A Witch by Adriana Mather which celebrated it’s book birthday last July 26. It was a great book that incorporated Mean Girls and The Salem Witch Trials. (Interesting, no?) Go ahead and check out my review here.
- I also read Sabaa Tahir‘s An Ember In The Ashes just last week, and it was very intense! Now, I get why it was named as the best YA book of 2015! It was amazing, and I’m looking forward to reading A Torch Against The Night next month! By the way, my review of Ember can be found here. Also, check the post out for more details about my International Giveaway for a Paperback copy of Ember!
- I read Kiera Cass‘ The Crown last June, and my review just went up this month. It was a bittersweet reading experience. I’ve loved that series ever since I read the first book, and it pains me to finally say goodbye. But my (really) emotional review can be found here.
Features, Tags, and Other Posts
- To celebrate the release of Harry Potter and The Cursed Child (which happens to be today), I took part in Aentee’s Potterhead July Festival! I published a post where I did the R.I.P. It or Ship It Tag: Harry Potter style! Check out my post here.
- I took part in Nori’s Book Blogger Creativity Project, and I published a quiz that’s supposed to recommend a YA Dystopian novel to it’s takers! I had an amazing time brainstorming with my group, Team Violet, and I can’t wait to work with them again in the future. My quiz is here for everyone to answer.
Event Recaps Posted
- Last July 9’s #BookwormsUnitePH is by far one of my most favorite events of the year! Meeting lovely Filipino readers and bloggers has always been one of my goals, and I’m glad I was able to see this through. It was definitely a surreal experience, one that I wouldn’t mind reliving every once in a while. Check out my lengthy (and feels-filled) recap here.
- The #AmyandAndreainPH event was also an amazing experience! Meeting Amy Zhang and Andrea Portes was made more lovely because of all the Twitter giveaways National Book Store and Epic Reads were hosting! I loved every single second of that event! Read my image-filled recap here.
Book Hauls Posted
- My Post-Graduation Book Haul went live this month, and I can’t believe I’ve read almost all the books I bought. I mean, I don’t usually read that fast, but, well, you get my point. My haul’s here for everyone to check out.
I’ve been out and about lately because I finally started working last July 25th (which I also mentioned on my previous life update post), and I completely apologize for not being able to be around as much. Working a day job six days a week is definitely a challenge, but one that I am willing to take for the sake of earning for a living. *laughs* but with that said, here are a few updates to let everyone in on what’s in store for me and Book Freak Revelations for the next couple of weeks.
- I’m joining a comment challenge for the month of August! Once again hosted by Lonna @ FLYLēF and Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense with the same aim, this comment challenge aims to increase comment activity from it’s participants’ blogs and establish and encourage new relationships with other book bloggers, and reviewers. This time around, my partner is Aldana from Perfection in Books. I can’t wait to check her posts out!
- I’m attending National Book Store’s Philippine Readers & Writers’ Festival on August 26 to 28! I haven’t read anything by the authors who are coming, but I’m always open in checking their books out! I am, however, attending Anna Todd’s event on the 28th because my friends will be there, and I can’t wait to see them again!
- Only a month away before my 2nd blogiversary! Ever since Book Freak Revelations went live, I’ve met such lovely people, worked with several publishers, and I can’t believe in less than 2 months, I’ll be celebrating my 2nd year! I have two giveaways for everyone in September, and I can’t wait to share with everyone my plans!
That’s basically it for this post! July has been fun and all kinds of amazing. I can’t believe we’re already halfway through with 2016. Sometimes, I wish we could just slow time down so I could salvage my TBR before the year ends.
How was July for YOU? Any events you attended? Any notable purchases worth sharing? Talk to me! My comment section is always open!
Until the next one, book nerds!